tirsdag den 25. januar 2011

Tube-Caddis fly 4 U.

Norway last summer.
As winter still keeps the Northern rivers in a frozen grip we send you a little story from season 2009 - that dry fly angler Mr. Joakim Haugen from Norway has send us


"Salmon fishing is a unpredictable sport - I guess this is what makes it so fascinating. Sadly conditions was bad for the month of August at Repparfjord River (Northern Norway) - As the river was much bigger than usually” “ On Saturday the 31.07.2010 I went of to fish the Repparfjord River in Finnmark. On sunday morning the sun started shining just enough to create dry-fly conditions at the river. First fly I tried was the smaller of the :Monster Tube Caddis
 http://fishmadman.auctivacommerce.com/Monster-Tube-Caddis-Small-P225936.aspx.
 After just a few casts with this fly a huge fish came for the fly but missed. I did two more casts before it re-appeared - This time it got hooked. Salmon weighed 17.1 kg (37.7 lb.) and is the biggest salmon I have ever caught...

I used a Sage Z-Azis 9.6 # 6 with a Danielson Reel. The hook was a size 12 Kamasan triple hook and the fish was hooked well - right in the scissors.

I used 0.40 mm leader (20 Lbs.) and fought the fish hard to prevent it from going down rapids. I used 15 minutes or less to subdue the fish and finally my father had to wade into the river to get the fish on land as - I could not apply sufficient pressure on the wide giant fish

All in all the Repparfjord river has had a good season - with the month of July being exceptionally good"

Kind regards
Joakim


PS. Love your flies
--------------------------------------------------

Jan Svenstrup - jan@wildwater.dk

Ingen kommentarer: