fredag den 28. oktober 2011

A flying dutchman - 27 lbs!!



"Hi there,


Our Dutch Savage Gear consultant Daniel Van Der Kraan is on a roll these days catching an impressive series of large pike. Here is what he has to say about his latest trip:

'Today was going to be tough with a firm Eastern wind that made it quite hard to control the boat. Pike over here don't like eastern winds well... After a small jack that managed to engulf the Rattleshad pearl'n redtail, I got another hit.

The fish immediately came to the surface, so I kept the rodtip low to prevent it from tailwalking. When it came close to the boat it stayed deep without any movement. I put on some more pressure and when the fish came to the surface, I saw it was another massive fish.

Alrik already had the folding net in position and a second after, the fish slipped in the net, the lure came out!! I couldn't believe how lucky I was not losing her... but thanks to Alrik I didn't! The length was 112cm and the fish weighed 27lbs 5oz!! The Rattleshad keeps delivering!!

By the way, don't mind my eyes, the bright sunlight and hardly any sleep can do that to you..."

The gear used was the following:
SG biglure 'n jerk rod 150gr, Okuma Calera, SG bigfishbraid 40lbs, SG 90lbs fluorocarbon, Okuma clip, SG Rattleshad Pearl 'n Redtail.

Keep the reports and pictures coming - we simply can't get enough: info@savage-gear.com

Have a great weekend.
Med venlig hilsen/All the best
Rasmus Ovesen
Marketing coordinator
Svendsen Sport A/S

Ingen kommentarer: